Duncan Schedules District Events
Next week, I’ll be back in South Carolina where I’ll be traveling across the Third District listening to your concerns. Here’s a schedule of some of the events I have planned:
Tuesday, February 21
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Speaking to Students at Laurens County Public Schools
- 6:00pm—8:00pm: Joint Town Hall with SC Attorney General Alan Wilson, Easley Campus of Tri-County Tech, 1774 Powdersville Road, Easley, SC 29642 (free and open to the public)
Wednesday, February 22
- 9:30am – 10:30am: Meeting with Edgefield County Elected Officials
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Edgefield Listening Session, Old Edgefield Grill, 202 Penn Street, Edgefield, SC 29824 (Public is encouraged to attend, the event is Dutch Treat)
- 3:30pm – 4:30pm: Meeting with Saluda County Elected Officials
- 4:30pm—5:30pm: Saluda Listening Session, Migs, 216 N Wise Rd, Saluda, SC 29138 (Public is encouraged to attend, the event is Dutch Treat)
Thursday, February 23
- 8:30am – 9:30am: Speaking to Students at Oconee County Public Schools
- 2:00 pm-3:30 pm: Touring Itron
I’m particularly excited about the joint town hall meeting with Attorney General Alan Wilson on Tuesday, February 21st. The focus of this event will be on the federal government’s legal actions against South Carolina.
The Obama Administration has pursed legal action against South Carolina for its constitutional secret ballot protections, its new illegal immigration law, and has sought to block Boeing from bringing thousands of jobs to the Palmetto State over a labor dispute. Additionally, the Justice Department has moved to prevent South Carolina’s new Voter ID law from being implemented. Attorney General Alan Wilson has been active in countering the federal government’s actions, which is why I am excited to hold this event with him.
When I was elected to Congress, I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, and that’s exactly what I’ve tried to do. At times, the Obama Administration has twisted, reinterpreted, and even completely ignored the Constitution, which is why Attorney General Wilson and I are doing everything we can to fight back.
I’m looking forward to holding this joint town hall, conducting listening sessions in Edgefield & Saluda, and spending as much time as I can talking to constituents one on one. Hope to see you around the district!